Sunday, February 05, 2006

Kids

Today we went to the orphanage again. We finally had a chance to just hang out with the kids and play with them. We took what seemed like hundreds of pictures with them. I also had to sign my name on about two hundred arms. We brought soccer balls and had lots of fun kicking it around. Then they sat me down and wanted to talk to me. They knew bits and pieces of English and repeatedly asked me what grade I am in, how old I am, and how many family members I have along with their names. I think some of the older girls were even flirting with me. When I started taking pictures again, they all wanted individual pictures with me. Kids were crowded all around me and kept putting my arm around them. When we had to leave, they all told me that they would never forget me and asked if I would forget them. I told each of them that I wouldn’t. When I said that, a giant smile came across their face. Some of them reminded me of the picture of just me and them and asked again if I would forget them, and of course I said that I would not. I then realized that all these kids wanted was someone to love them. I became overwhelmed with the feeling of wanting to have a relationship with all of them. It is hard to describe the feeling of wanting so much to love on these kids and knowing that it is impossible. I became deeply sad and convicted with the thought of running some sort of camp with them. And if not in India, then in some other country like Africa. Then I could form a relationship with a lot of kids and let them know that I will see them in heaven if they would commit their life to Jesus, and how awesome heaven will be. I want to be that person that loves them and provide for them. There are just so many unloved kids in this world that it is impossible to visit them all. It makes me realize that I cannot just sit around and do nothing. I could go on and on about my overwhelming feelings to love on these kids, but it is too hard to explain and it would sound like I am repeating myself. I just hope that I do not forget these feelings when I go back home.


This is just one of many pictures taken. These are some of the girls that wanted individual pictures with me. You can probably tell that they were full of energy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what an impression!! I am so glad that you are there and making time to be with the kids. It is the people that will have the most long lasting impression on your life, even though the country is impressive, it is the people.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post brody! i am so glad you are experiencing all of this, and remember that as much as you feel for these kids, Jesus feels for you. now you know, in part, how a father (me) loves his own son (you).

love,

dad

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brody I think it is awesome what you and your group are doing over there! I am sure your impact on the poeple there is beyond words! I hope you are having an amazing time and I am praying for all of you!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote a comment and reviewed it.
It was erased so noww I will write another.
Thanks for sharing your experienses with us. We are praying for you and the team trusting God to bless your time in India.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home