Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Culture Shock

The other day when our team arrived in Chennai at 5pm, I really noticed the dirtiness and slums of the city. I experienced a lot of culture shock but was soon over. I liked staying at Sudha’s parent’s home in Chennai. There was great hospitality with great warmth. When we arrived in Madurai I noticed the poverty like in Chennai, but noticed it was cleaner. I really liked meeting the people in Madurai. Many of them seem to be very friendly. Tonight at the festival beginning, I talked a few times and felt pretty nervous. After praying about it, and later going out to pray over people, I felt the nervousness leave. Today really encouraged me to be prepared to go to schools and orphanages with much larger crowds to tell them my story of why I am here in India.

Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home