Friday, February 03, 2006

Hospitals - Sickness - Head Bobble

Today we went to a hospital to sing and pray with the people there. It was awesome to see Brad preach to some of the people. So many of them are close to death and are like the thief on the cross next to Jesus. They are getting saved at the very last second. But praise God! We were the second group to visit there in the entire time that the hospital has been open. Tonight is the second night of the festival. I am going to film the whole thing with assistance of a pro, Dan. He is showing me how to film and giving me pointers on what angles and distances to film at. It’s really cool to learn from someone who knows what they are doing because I have been interested in film for some time now. Before the festival we went around and handed out flyers for the festival and handed out cookies. Everyone seemed so curious to see what we were handing out and as soon as they saw someone else get one, they had to get one as well. I could really tell that they are really interested in westerners.

I am getting sick of spicy Indian food. It’s starting to get to me, so I’m having to eat lots of CLIF bars. Now I’m starting to get sick of those too. Thankfully I brought lots of food so I think I will get by with all of the trail mix, beef jerky, and cheese and crackers.

One of the funniest things I have noticed about the Indians is their head bob. It is hard to explain. They kind of shake their head side to side, but not the way that we do. They move their head in the motion that you stretch the side of your neck. It basically means ok, or I agree, or thank you. Everyone here gets a crack out of it and no one can do it without laughing. People are starting to get sick so keep all of us in your prayers. Also I get a lot of stage fright so pray for my courage and boldness if I end up giving my testimony at the festival

-Brody

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home